Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grape's Application

4 posters

Go down

Grape's Application Empty Grape's Application

Post  Grape Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:29 pm

Name: Grape

Previous Jobs: None :3

Examples:

Items:

Pillow: Because sleeping on rocks is so Stone-Age.

Cup: It'd be pretty hard to quench your thirst without one of these.

Pets:

Emperor Penguin:
Aptenodytes forsteri
The Emperor Penguin is the largest of all penguins, getting up to the size of about 45 inches (115cm) from head to toe and weighing around 88lbs (40kg). Like all penguins, The Emperor Penguin is flightless and instead of wings it has flippers, which let it swim through the icy waters of it’s home where it feeds on mainly fish and krill, but occasionally cephalopods (squids). Emperor Penguins will spend a majority of their lives in the frigid waters of Antarctica until the Arctic Winter (which ranges from March to December), where the penguins will migrate to the open ice to breed. Instead of sitting on their eggs, the male penguin will keep the egg warm by balancing it on it’s toes and covering it with it’s feathered skin known as a brood pouch. The female will then leave for food, leaving the males to the harsh conditions of the Arctic Winter alone and without food with their group known as a Colony. When the females return the chicks have hatched and they resemble the adults in many ways except for the fact that they have a white chin and lack the adult feathers that the adults have. The adults have black faces and yellow-orange upper breast, accompanied with a black back and black flippers. The Emperor Penguin usually lives to about 20 years in the wild.
Conservation Status: Least Concern
Citations: http://animals.nationalgeographic.com/animals/birds/emperor-penguin.html, http://www.penguinworld.com/types/emperor.html

Siberian Husky:
Canis lupus familiaris
The Siberian Husky is a domestic dog. It was bred in Siberia about 3,000 years ago where it was used to pull sleds, and it is often used to do so even today. They are often confused with another sledding dog known as the Alaskan Malamute, but there are distinct differences. Huskies, as they are often called, are built for speed and is much smaller. They also usually drag their tails against the ground as they work, and curl it up when startled. Huskies grow to about 22 inches (55.9 cm) and weigh from 35-60 lbs (15.9-27.2 kg) if you wish to keep them healthy. Huskies also make great household pets, as they are friendly and great around children. However, Huskies are very hyper because of their working heritage and need something to occupy them at all times before they become destructive. They also require a decent amount of grooming due to their heavy coats that was used to fight the cold whether of Siberia.
Conservation Status: Least Concern
Citations: http://www.centralpets.com/animals/mammals/dogs/dog341.html, and a dog book I have.

...and a poem I wrote:

Life is but a flower
Death is but a song
As we watch petals fall
We try to get along

We struggle on and on
Dancing in the rain
Feel the puddles splash now
Lets shed all our pain

Everlasting night
Dawning in so near
Drop one last petal now
Time to disappear

Let the memory fade
Into the distant night
No need for this charade
Sleep tight

Why should we pick you?: I always thought being staff for something would be like super duper coolio and Dawn told me about this and I was like: OMG and applied c: I'm very determined and I strive to make everything super duper awesome, sort of like I am except I am awesome-er, as well as being friendly to everyone. I’m slow and steady, sort of like a turtle. A super sexy awesome turtle. But I’m more slow then steady… I mean like… really slow and sort of kind of steady. Sort of an uneven process going on there. Or sumthing. Ionno. And because I am so cool that I put out your candles Cool

Grape
Writer

Back to top Go down

Grape's Application Empty Re: Grape's Application

Post  Dawn Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:30 pm

ACCEPTED! 8D

-cling-
Dawn
Dawn
Admin

http://sleepy-village.com

Back to top Go down