Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bow down before my greatness.... (or laugh at my melodrama, either way)

Go down

Bow down before my greatness.... (or laugh at my melodrama, either way) Empty Bow down before my greatness.... (or laugh at my melodrama, either way)

Post  charpixpix419 Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:04 pm

Hi people! I'm Milfeyu's fault! lol... on to the mini biography part of the intro

By way of description, I am a 19 year old college student with a wide range of hobbies and an even broader scope of interests. I enjoy Origami, Bonsai, gardening, ponding, bird-watching, reading, writing, RPing, learning, and plenty more that just aren't popping into my head as I type. I am distinctly weird, a Trekkie, a nascar fan, a lover of music and theater, a bit philosophical, German, Irish, Scottish, English, American and more, eccentric, autonomous, spacey, typically Aquarius, and that's enough for that list for the moment...

I am a incorrigible bibliophile, specializing in the mind-broadening genres of Fantasy and Sci-fi. A sample of my favorite authors are: Terry Pratchett of the wonderful, whimsical, utterly absurd but quite philosophical Discworld; David Eddings of the epic scope, personable gods, exaggerated cultures and powerful destinies; Mercedes Lackey of the sweeping plots, epic romance and wonderful worlds; Anne McCaffery of the majestic Pernese dragons, plausible telepathy and characters of unmatched heart and temerity; and innumerable others of equal merits.

My tastes in music range widely including such staples of classic rock as Billy Joel, Meatloaf, Queen, David Bowie, CCR, Genesis, and the Moody Blues. Then I range to the islands with Jimmy Buffet, Scotland with the Tartan Terrors, Enter the Haggis and Celtic Woman. I dabble in Country with Garth Brooks and John Denver, Alternative rock with R.E.M, and add in some Avril Lavigne and Rob Thomas. To round out the spectrum, mix in the soundtracks of Harry Potter and POTC and you should form a pretty good picture of my music scene.

I'm not a big watcher of TV, but as I already mentioned I'm a Trekkie and as such I greatly enjoy watching Star Trek, particularly The Next Generation and Voyager. I also enjoy watching NCIS and CSIs, though the CSIs have drawn me less lately. I like small doses (well spaced) of Simpsons, Monk, and Big Bang Theory, and I'm quite conversant with many of Nick's cartoons. Mythbusters are just wicked, but of all time my favorite Tv show ever was Pushing Daisies. I won't go into it here, but it'll almost certainly turn up elsewhere.

As for computerized pursuits, I enjoy playing Neverwinter Nights, Tower Defense games and just random online games like that. I also participate in RPGs, particularly the one I admin, Myriad Chaotic Destinies which is a bit slow right now as my attention has wandered a bit. I have developed some proficiency with both BBC and HTML, though it's all been in the context of doing things with proboards. I have a certain amount of skill with GIMP, CoreFX, Illustrator, and Photoshop as far as digital image editing goes and I've been exposed to iMovie and Flash via my digital design elective in HS. Any images you see me use, ten to one have been modified or generated by me. I also enjoy fussing around with sound on Audacity and Lore, my laptop, has POTC quotes for system sounds.

My major is English Ed. The reasoning there is that I like teaching, reading, and writing, so it only makes sense, and on top of that I've had a tremendous series of good teachers and particularly good English teachers throughout my student life and they've impacted me more than I've thought even a year ago.

So now that I've gone entirely overboard and practically written an essay for an introduction, I'll leave you with a handful of parting words, quotes, and phrases

"Nitwit, blubber, oddment, tweak."-Dumbledore

"If we weren't all crazy, we would go insane."-Buffet

{"The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it."

"It must be powerful language if you canna make oout what the heel it’s goin’ on aboot!"

"Getting an education was a bit like a communicable sexual disease. It made you unsuitable for a lot of jobs and then you had the urge to pass it on."

"Did I do anything last night that suggested I was sane?"

"Wisdom comes from experience. Experience is often a result of lack of wisdom."

"A good bookshop is just a genteel Black Hole that knows how to read."

OH, he said, dismissively. DRAMA.

"It's not worth doing something unless someone, somewhere, would much rather you weren't doing it." } -Pratchett

"Sometimes I get so weird
I even freak myself out
I laugh myself to sleep
It's my lullaby" Lavigne

{"If this were played upon a stage now, I could
condemn it as an improbable fiction."

"Good night, good night! parting is such
sweet sorrow,
That I shall say good night till it be morrow."}-Shakespeare

"Books, I found, had the power to make time stand still, retreat or fly into the future. "-Jim Bishop

"To acquire the habit of reading is to construct for yourself a refuge from almost all the miseries of life." -W. Somerset Maugham

"The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who cannot read them."
-Mark Twain

"Book lovers argue that the tactile experience of reading can never be reproduced by a bleeping gadget - the gentle musty smell, the heft in the hand, the possibility of dropping it in the bath."

"I've looked at the world for quite a few years now and I've found that if I don't laugh, I'll probably end up crying."
- Prince Kheldar of Drasnia (Eddings)

"And you worried, not because you're headed to meet a houseful of vampires, but because you think those vampires won't approve of you, correct?"-Edward Cullen (Meyers)

"If you were waiting for the opportune moment, that was it." Captain Jack Sparrow

"We're all here because we're not all there"-Brooks

"I solemly swear that I am up to no good." -Potter

"Those who believe it cannot be done should not disturb the people doing it."

"You even might wind up
Being glad to be you
Ever ever after
Though the world will tell you
It's not smart
Ever ever after
The world can be yours
If you let your heart
Believe in ever after"-Underwood

"Everything we do is a choice. Oatmeal or cereal. Highway or side streets. Kiss her or keep her. We make choices and we live with the consequences. If someone gets hurt along the way we ask for forgiveness. It’s the best anyone can do."-Ned (Pushing Daisies)

ok so maybe that was alot of wrap-up quotes, but then I could have brought many more to the table so.... "Take what you can...."

charpixpix419

http://charpixpix4190.proboards.com/index.cgi

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum