Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ALL Suggestions from Other Site

+7
Bob
Hawkeh
LexiBot
Kiyu
Nightcrawler
reona
Dawn
11 posters

:: General :: Suggestions

Go down

ALL Suggestions from Other Site Empty ALL Suggestions from Other Site

Post  Dawn Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:08 am

I've compiled a thread with all of the suggestions from the other site. Sorry if it's messy; most of the things were just copied and pasted.

Taco said: How bout Sleepy-Village has an art gallery where members can submit fanart?
Because we all know, everybody looooooves fanart! Very Happy
And it can have a spiffy name, like "Arctic Artists Igloo" or something. >_>
AND HOMG
It can have a featured art section, so that all the hxc artists get their moment of glory lol.
And we can give out trophies and monies and prizes for getting in the featured art section and and and and and whatnot lol. XD
OH IT WOULD BE SO FUN.
Other users should be able to comment the fanarts too, and blahblahblah.

Mirokufan asked for: A place where users could make requests for art and anyone feeling nice enough would draw it. Perhaps a sub-forum in the Art forum.

Various users asked for these games:

1. "'melting' ice polar bear game? Where you have to stay alive by A) avoiding falling off a waterfall on one side of the game and B) jump from ice to ice, avoiding the cracking ice. The ice cracks and cracks and eventually breaks and such. =D" -- Pokeapache, who also requested non-flash games such as scrambled words, tic-tac- toe, etc. so that she could play as well, since her Flash player broke.

2." HangBear. Like hangman, but with a bear.
3. Lotto. Pick a number, hope it matches :]
4. math game, a (SIMPLE!) math game. with levels, Addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, combo. and see how many you can do within like a minute or something.
5. Some sort of scratch offs, like.. scratch 6 of 9, and if you match any 2 of something, you win!" --Rayn

6. "What about scratch cards? And maybe a game where there's a paragraph, and there's a bunch of things misspelled in it. And you have to spell out a word/phrase with the missing letters and win a prize!" --Shadow

7. "Guessing game =3
Guess what will the item, pet, place/anything on the site name will be <33
Quiz and trivia =D " -- Reona1997

GummieMania said:

A good bit after we start the site I think we should do some big plot to attract for users and here are some ideas!
Well my first one is......
The staff of the site have decided to try and find out about a mystical creature that lives in the volcano on the island so they go in it and surprisingly don't die! They find a gigantic colony of (And this is only for a limited time) Rodolphtes (Ra-Da-FO-eT) medium sized red-brown lizard like creatures they have bones sticking out of their backs and to horns sticking out of their heads. They used their forked tongues to smell. They are also blind creatures (Their eyes are always closed) and rely on sound to guide themselves around. These animals are what is making the ice island melt and the volcano erupt. They are tamable but....if you want one you'll have to ? I'm not sure maybe search the volcano. They could have like a favorite food and you would have to figure out what it was and go back their everyday and feed them it and eventually you could train it?I don't know.....I could draw a sucky picture to show you what its supposed to look like. Also these would go against everything about the arctic theme.....And maybe a good while after all this business die down they figure out how they got there what the really are ect.
my second idea......
This is just a idea rare pets. You go out and buy nets and go searching and you have to get them to come to you by using food as bait. If you catch it, you get to have it.
There would be different kinds of nets though like invisible,a fish net, magic,iron,ect.
But it costs 100 SP (Sleepy points)or whatever you gonna call it.
Random events that would give you different kinds of coins that you could put in a machine and it would give you anything from unbelievably common- to outstandingly valuable.
Oh this goes along with random events I guess but have like criminals on the petsite that sometimes got loose and stole money and if you fought them and won you would get some money and a rare item.
ALSO WE NEED A OCTOPUS OR SQUID PET!A GOOD LOOKING ONE UNLIKE MOST!THAT IS ALL.
Okay that's not all. I think the adoption center should be like a drive thru and you could say what species you were looking for and if they didn't have what you were looking for they would just show you a list of the pets they had.
THE SKY IS FALLING FISH!
A random holiday where everyone gets a fish. THIS IDEA IS NOT SAFE. FISH FALLING AT 100 MILES PER HOURS COULD SEVERELY DAMAGE SOMEONES BRAINS!
A holiday that celebrates when sleepy-village was first made called Happy Sleep-Aholic Day and everyone would get a item and some money that day or a special plushie.

Shadow asked what features the users wanted to see when the site opened, and they responded:

1. "You'll need quests to keep me playing, I love quests! Just a simple "NPC: HEY KID I NEED THIS, IF YOU GET IT, I'LL GIVE YOU SOMETHING IN RETURN!" type of thing.
They need to be profitable though... I mean I don't want to spend 3k on something and only get 500-1k (cough MARAPETS COUGH)." --LexiBot

2. Gir suggested eating soup from socks. I hope they're clean!

3. Lots of people liked the idea or human avatars or dolls/action figures to represent them.

4. Shadow suggested a gardening system where you can grow frozen foods.

5. "Marriage" was suggested, but not many people liked the idea.

6. LexiBot said, "We could have an Ice Cream Machine. Most sites have a gumball machine. Instead we could have a machine that spits out Ice Cream Very Happy
And are we gonna have a place for donated items? I always love those Very Happy
I am trying to think what we could have next to the lake... bleh bleh bleh... blank mind. Just trying to get it related to snow/ice.
A fort, snowman, snow angel???"

7. A few people suggested a shop with items payed for with real money.

8. Gir said, "Well we could make a card game? Like snap or solitaire.
Or other ones like checkers or spot the difference?
Or can we do flash?"

9. More games were suggested: Solitaire, and Phttps://sleepy-village.forumotion.net/post.forum?mode=editpost&p=35yramids. Perhaps Memory

10. Gir said, "Orca. u.u
There should be an orca pet.
There would be protest if there was an arctic petsite without killer whales and Shamu would lead the pickit line .x."

11. LexiBot wanted a battling system.

Sha said:

Idea #1:
Maybe there could be a Wishing Well or something, that you could use every so often and if you're really really lucky, it could let you change a pet's costume into any costume you want (except special ones like Zombie)? Maybe it would need an some sort of account upgrade item or something to be used first to gain access, like a Wishing Well Pass.
Idea #2:
A fishing pole item (that is hard to get -- expensive in the shop, an upgrade item, or from some sort of quest/mission) that once used will let you go fishing. There could be a hole in the ice part of the map for fishing for normal fish, and maybe another fishing spot in the polluted area where you can fish to get sick fish.
No idea what the fish would be for though. XD
Idea #3:
Special currencies for different parts of the map, maybe?
Like the main currency could be Arctic points, and maybe the tribal village would have some other kind of currency like Tribal Coins/Gold or something.

LexiBot said:

How should We Take Currency From the System, To Ensure We Don't Demolish Our Economy

Here's my suggestions.
If the game accumulates lots of currency, you'll want to be sure how to put them back out, so your economy doesn't flop.
What ways shall this happen?
Perhaps a monthly or weekly raffle, where you can only get 1 Ticket each run, and it costs a good amount, the award could be like an item that only comes from this game. And you can't forget an avatar, cause you KNOW people strive to collect them. It should not award any currency.
Another is how about a lottery. It starts out with a small number (like 5,000), half of the ticket costs are placed in there, the other half vanishes so this way it's taking half out of the game.
Rent? Perhaps in conjunction of shop upgrade costs, we could be charged rent every week to keep it open (the bigger the shop, the more you have to pay), if you don't pay, you can only sell half of your shop's size. If you have a fully priced shop, it'll select half of your items randomly.
We should definitely have a big event that is like ongoing to where people have to buy certain things to collect. People LOVE collecting and will spend forever and a day buying things. We could have a Toy Chest to put all our toys in, a Home Library for books, and even a Kitchen to "stock up" on our favorite foods.

Mixing Skills

I don't play MMORPGs anymore, and what I normally miss most about them is the mixing part of the game. Players gather items (ingredients), and increase their levels by mixing up a different item all together (of course the ingredients disappear to make your product you mix up).
For Example - When I wanted to make Cheese, I gathered milk (by milking cows) and bought some salt and pepper at a NPC. 1 Milk and 2 Salt and Peppers allowed me to make 1 Cheese. This gave me experience, in which I could make to level in the skill called "Cooking". Sometimes I would fail depending on how low my level was for the item I was trying to make, when this happens my ingredients disappeared from my inventory.
We had different skills. Cooking for food, farming for animal products (like eggs, and milk), blacksmith for weapons and tailoring for clothing.
So now that you understand what I mean (at least I hope), perhaps we could have some sort of Factory or something that we go there to make stuff from items we have"laying" around. Instead of having levels, we could have a "Status" that basically tells us our position at the factory (which could be our job where we work at). Have a fail rate (according to our Status Level), and each item we make we could up our "experience" a little each time.
We could make many different things which have many different items needed, different amounts experience awarded, and success/fail rate (more fail on rarer items and less on very cheap items).
Just an idea to make us more unique.
If you're trying to get an idea of a layout, perhaps take Neopet's Cooking Pot in consideration, just a MUCH more advanced one, almost like leveling as you would in a battle arena.
I REALLY hope I didn't confuse you.
Forgot to add, each item had a level you had to be at before you could start making it, most of the time, you also needed a book to enable your "mind" to have the "knowledge" to make the item you wanted to make.
The item also had a huge fail rate at the starting minimum level. So like an item that required level 5 of the skill to make, it would fail almost 50% until level 6, and each level after that the fail rate would decrease. Until finally you had like a 0.01% fail rate after about 20 levels above the required.
Dawn
Dawn
Admin

http://sleepy-village.com

Back to top Go down

ALL Suggestions from Other Site Empty Re: ALL Suggestions from Other Site

Post  reona Tue Dec 30, 2008 5:21 am

WOW Surprised

reona

Back to top Go down

Post  Nightcrawler Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:16 am

Actualy, Ithink that marrage was finaly desided to be an ok idea but only between pets.
Nightcrawler
Nightcrawler

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiyu Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:07 am

I like what Verpets had. That you could change the name of your pet for a fee of some kind. But instead of money, maybe we could make it like a rare item or something you have to get and use on your pet to change the name.
Kiyu
Kiyu

Back to top Go down

Post  Nightcrawler Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:14 am

Yeah! Chibi uses the item Pen to do that
Nightcrawler
Nightcrawler

Back to top Go down

Post  LexiBot Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:41 pm

Marapet uses like male/female certificate.

I also love Verpet's mining game... But instead of ores, perhaps we can use something else.
LexiBot
LexiBot
Graphic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post  Hawkeh Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:41 pm

{non-sense rant}
That hang bear game sounds HORRIBLY cruel,that poor polar bear will have to be hung over and over again.Isn't it bad enough they are already going extinct? besides it will probably have the SPCA on our tails. *shifty eyes*

{/ non-sense rant}

Last edited by Hawkeh on Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hawkeh
Hawkeh

Back to top Go down

Post  Nightcrawler Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:42 pm

Not to mention PETA2
Nightcrawler
Nightcrawler

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:43 pm

The Male/Female Certificates are idiotic IMO. They are too rare and people just hoard them.

If we ever do something like that I hope it's restockable.

Bob

Back to top Go down

Post  LexiBot Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:58 pm

Agreed, Bob, very much Smile
LexiBot
LexiBot
Graphic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post  Snowcone Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:40 pm

Yeah the hangbear thing does sound a little... twisted. >.<
what if we hand like hang...fish or something less against killing bears. ;-;

WE NEED A MOUSE IN A SOMBERO!!! D>
u-u
Snowcone
Snowcone

Back to top Go down

Post  Nightcrawler Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:58 pm

My friend angie says that a good pet site needs..:

Really cool fancy font in NEON colors like pink, green, and blue!! and like you could like make the first letter neon with black stripes for fun!! =)
Add fun games like puzzels to help people earn money
Live chat rooms
The home page should have music for fun
AWESOME WEAPONS!! like fire swords and machine gunz!!! albino
Funny stuff like a t-shirt with a banana on it for the pets or the avi
lets people form groups
Do a fact or the day or joke of the day
YEP!
Nightcrawler
Nightcrawler

Back to top Go down

Post  Snowcone Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:56 pm

NO PETS WEARING CLOTHES!
D< RAWR!
I'm sorry, but unless it's a shop keeper person(that's okay) I can't stand pets wearing clothes.
It's WAY too Neopets. >.<

But I do like that fact of the day, but I think it would be cool too if it was like trivia of the day, or every few days. Kinda like Verpets, just better and more unique questions.
Snowcone
Snowcone

Back to top Go down

Post  Spartanman Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:59 pm

lol XD i like the fact of the day, and if allowed, i could help find some interesting and/or funny facts. Also you could maybe sometimes have a joke of the day on some days instead of a fact
Spartanman
Spartanman

http://mcspart007.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiyu Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:15 pm

. Adoption Center
. Weekly or Daily free gifts and giveaways.
. A minning like game, but you mine in ice caves and find gems, but sometimes just get a chunk of ice or nothing. And maybe sometimes you can find frozen stuff, like maybe you could find the frozen fish there?
Kiyu
Kiyu

Back to top Go down

Post  FlowerMeadows Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:47 pm

I don't like the human avatar thing. it reminds me of subeta. Plus, then most people would get obsessed with dressing their person up and not the pets and other stuff.

Maybe we could have an ice mine? Like you mine different colors of ice. It would put a spin on mining.

FlowerMeadows
Writer

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiyu Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:45 pm

I just said that too Flower ^^
Though maybe we could mix some rare gems in with the ice as well.
Kiyu
Kiyu

Back to top Go down

ALL Suggestions from Other Site Empty ALL Suggestions from Other Site

Post  G Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:28 pm

Is your lucky you might find a mammoth. X3

We need a cannabalistic wal-mart is what we need What a Face my flesh is missing oh my

G

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down