Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

72: Pensive.

3 posters

:: General :: Writing

Go down

72: Pensive. Empty 72: Pensive.

Post  Sophie Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:13 pm

On Livejournal, I'm doing the 100 Moods writing challenge. Basically, I've got as long as I want to write one hundred fics about Greek Mythological characters. (You can view my list here - but be warned that things there can be anything from PG to 18.)

This fic is mood #72, and is about a character from the Greek Myths called Atlas. It was written for my friend V (Virtue on Verpets).

He can never sleep. Whenever he tries, the world seems to rest all the more heavily on his shoulders, until he buckles and falls to his knees. And then he has to rise back up again, back bent, shoulders aching, until he is standing once more. He knows the pain too well, now, to submit to his tiredness, so he stands (half-crouched; half-crushed beneath the immense weight), and he thinks.

He cannot argue that he deserves this. He should never have fought against Zeus; else he should have laid down his arms and begged for mercy, for forgiveness. (He hadn’t begged, and so he hadn’t gotten either.) He knows all this now, but now is too late. Now he can do nothing but shoulder his burden.

He cannot help but sweat beneath the crushing weight. After all, he holds the weight of the world on his shoulders – and it is not an easy weight to carry. He is no taller than the next Titan—the world is perhaps three, four times as large as he—but he is stronger than them.

He is Endurance: and so he will endure this, until Zeus decides that the punishment is needed no longer, that he has learned his lesson; or until

He is rescued.

Sophie

http://mommadeath.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

72: Pensive. Empty Re: 72: Pensive.

Post  Nightcrawler Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:30 pm

I read a few and i think this and sinful are the best
Nightcrawler
Nightcrawler

Back to top Go down

Post  Sophie Thu Jan 01, 2009 10:37 am

Thank you. (: I tried something different for this one... and Sinful was just fun to do, lol.

Sophie

http://mommadeath.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Taf Thu Jan 01, 2009 10:44 am

It's different. I like it. (:

Taf

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down